ITS–“Soto” is a type of Indonesian soup. Soto Banjar is popular throughout Indonesia. It is the specialty of Banjarmasin city in South Kalimantan. A yellowish spicy broth with rice vermicelli, lontong rice cake, perkedel mashed potato fritter, fried cow lung, boiled egg, celery, fried shallot and krupuk cracker.
- 800 grams of local chicken meat
- 2 ½ liters of water
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon bark sticks
- 5 cloves
- 3 cardamoms
- 100 grams of rice noodles, soaked in hot water until soft , drain
- 3 boiled eggs, peeled , split into 2 lengthwise
- 6 potato cakes
Mashed Spices :
- 12 red onions
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp of pepper
- 1 ½ tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 3 pieces of red chilli
- 8 pieces of red chili sauce
- 4 items of pecans , toasted
- 1 tsp of fried shrimp paste
- 3 tbsp of scallion , thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons celery , finely sliced
- 6 tablespoons of soy sauce , ready-made
- 3 pieces of lime
- Boil chicken meat untik it get soft, remove from heat. Drain, strain the broth water . Shred the meat, set aside.
- Heat oil , saute ground spices , nutmeg , cinnamon , cloves , and cardamom until fragrant and cooked . Remove and pour into the pan of broth . Bring to a boil again
- Arrange noodles , shredded chicken , eggs , and cakes in a serving bowl. Sprinkle with hot sauce .
- Serve in hot with the complement .