INDONESIATHROUGHSTAMPS.COM–This tradisional food can be found throughout Papua, Indonesia. This dish is made of baby fish which is washed and fried then all mixed with rough grated coconut which is previously steamed for about 25 minutes. It is still rarely found in the main cities outside Papua. This food has special taste of hinterland Cendrawasih Island which gives it a different nuance.
- 100 grams of anchovy rice, washed, fried briefly
- 1 stick of taro leaves and stems, sliced
- 100 grams of grated rough coconut
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- Boil taro leaves and stems until cooked. Remove and drain.
- Mix anchovy rice, taro leaves and stems, coarsely grated coconut and salt. Stir well.
- Steamed 25 minutes on medium heat until cooked.